Wednesday 15 February 2017

Evaluation: Question 4




Use of technology in the evaluation phase:






Question 1:








For question 1: '"In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms of conventions of real media products?" I created a directors cut on Final Cut Pro X. I think I wrote a detailed script which thoroughly explained my adherence, manipulation and challenging of conventions. The final directors cut showed my use of conventions clearly throughout and it is extremely easy to follow and understand. For example, the music video pauses and I discuss the convention which is visible on the screen.


However, the process was extremely time consuming because I had to add a freeze frame to the time line, estimate how long I was going to discuss the convention for and then blade the song, exactly where the freeze frame began and ended so the moving image didn't become out of time with the song. Consequently, I had to be very precise.




To evaluate my research of similar products, as well as how this process influenced my use of conventions in  my digipak and my digipak advert, I used a thinglink. I find this software very easy to clearly identify the feature which I wish to discuss. I also think the interactive element of the software makes the experience of reading my evaluation much more interesting and exciting.

However, I think the format of the software limited me to minimal discussion. I think thinglink may be better suited to creating minimal notes as opposed to in depth evaluation. However, I tried to avoid the thinglink appearing like an essay by spreading out my points in seperate text boxes.






Question 2:


I used an 'emaze' for question 2 of the evaluation 'How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?'. I found this software useful to explicitly refer to the synergy between the digipak, digipak advert and the music video because I could show the comparison between the three products on the same slide.




The clearest synergetic link between the digipak and the digipak advert was my use of the same font for the name of the album 'Journey'. I think my use of  'emaze' to show the synergy between my products was effective and clear because I showed each synergetic link by adding the screen captures to the 'emaze' and writing in detail, beside them.





However, one issue that I had during this particular evaluation phase was a technical issue. When I uploaded the images they failed to fully download and I wasn't able to continue creating the 'emaze'. This was through no fault of my own but I found that it hindered my ability to develop my evaluation. Eventually, after re-opening the 'emaze' multiple times and attempting to upload images to the software, they completely downloaded, however I found it to be very frustrating.



I think that the format and presentation of the emaze may restrict the ability to evaluate in as much detail as someone may want to. In order to evaluate in depth I had to type a large amount on one slide. Upon reflection I possibly could have continued writing on another slide, however I thought this may reduce the clarity of the link between the synergy between the products and my explanation of how I created this synergy.











Question 3:


I used 'Slideshare' to present question 3: what have you learned from your audience feedback?'

I think that I portrayed my progression from target audience research to the creation of my final product clearly and in detail by using a PowerPoint to actually show my journey and how I responded to target audience research and how I used the information to improve my final products. For example, I was able to import a pie chart into the PowerPoint which showed that the majority of the target audience said they didn't by CD's and then on the next slide, I added a screenshot of 'pre -order now from ITunes' puff on my final digipak advert.











2 comments:

  1. An excellent prezi, now add text and screen captures that fully evaluate Final Cut Pro X - use the terminology and evaluate every tool you used - the process and the outcomes.

    ReplyDelete